Pronunciation: (ingk), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/ink.html on line 77 [key]
1. a fluid or viscous substance used for writing or printing.
2. a dark, protective fluid ejected by the cuttlefish and other cephalopods.
3. publicity, esp. in print media.
1. to mark, stain, cover, or smear with ink: to ink one's clothes.
2. Slang.to sign one's name to (an official document): We expect to ink the contract tomorrow.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.