Pronunciation: (in'ti-grā"tid), [key]
1. combining or coordinating separate elements so as to provide a harmonious, interrelated whole: an integrated plot; an integrated course of study.
2. organized or structured so that constituent units function cooperatively: an integrated economy.
3. having, including, or serving members of different racial, religious, and ethnic groups as equals: an integrated school. Cf. segregated.
4. Sociol.of or pertaining to a group or society whose members interact on the basis of commonly held norms or values.
5. Psychol.characterized by integration.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.