Pronunciation: (in-tend'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/intend.html on line 73 [key]
1. to have in mind as something to be done or brought about; plan: We intend to leave in a month.
2. to design or mean for a particular purpose, use, recipient, etc.: a fund intended for emergency use only.
3. to design to express or indicate, as by one's words; refer to.
4. (of words, terms, statements, etc.) to mean or signify.
5. Archaic.to direct (the eyes, mind, etc.).
1. to have a purpose or design.
2. Obs.to set out on one's course.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.