Pronunciation: (in'tur-vyOO"), [key]
1. a formal meeting in which one or more persons question, consult, or evaluate another person: a job interview.
2. a meeting or conversation in which a writer or reporter asks questions of one or more persons from whom material is sought for a newspaper story, television broadcast, etc.
3. the report of such a conversation or meeting.
to have an interview with in order to question, consult, or evaluate: to interview a job applicant; to interview the president.
1. to have an interview; be interviewed (sometimes fol. by with): She interviewed with eight companies before accepting a job.
2. to give or conduct an interview: to interview to fill job openings.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.