1. a shy person.
2. Psychol.a person characterized by concern primarily with his or her own thoughts and feelings (opposed to extrovert).
3. Zool.a part that is or can be introverted.
Psychol.marked by introversion.
1. to turn inward: to introvert one's anger.
2. Psychol.to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.) partly to things within the self.
3. Anat., Zool.to turn (a hollow, cylindrical structure) in on itself; invaginate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.