Pronunciation: (in'vois), [key]
—n., v., -voiced, -voic•ing.
1. an itemized bill for goods sold or services provided, containing individual prices, the total charge, and the terms.
2. the merchandise or shipment itself.
1. to present an invoice to: The manufacturer invoiced our company for two typewriters.
2. to present an invoice for: five chairs invoiced and shipped last month.
1. to prepare or submit an invoice.
2. to have a value if or when inventoried: The merchandise in stock invoiced far more than we expected.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.