Pronunciation: (ich), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/itch.html on line 71 [key]
1. to have or feel a peculiar tingling or uneasy irritation of the skin that causes a desire to scratch the part affected: My nose itches.
2. to cause such a feeling: This shirt itches.
3. Informal.to scratch a part that itches.
4. to have a desire to do or get something: to itch after fame.
1. to cause to have an itch: His wool shirt always itches him.
2. Informal.to scratch (a part that itches): to itch a mosquito bite.
3. to annoy; vex; irritate: Her remarks itched me.
1. the sensation of itching.
2. an uneasy or restless desire or longing: an itch for excitement.
3. a contagious disease caused by the itch mite, which burrows into the skin (usually prec. by the). Cf. mange, scabies.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.