Pronunciation: (lit'ur-jē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/liturgy.html on line 73 [key]
1. a form of public worship; ritual.
2. a collection of formularies for public worship.
3. a particular arrangement of services.
4. a particular form or type of the Eucharistic service.
5. the service of the Eucharist, esp. this service (Divine Liturgy) in the Eastern Church.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.