Pronunciation: (mâr'ē-un or, for 5, mar'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/marian.html on line 143 [key]
1. of or pertaining to the Virgin Mary.
2. of or pertaining to some other Mary, as Mary Tudor of England or Mary, Queen of Scots.
1. a person who has a particular devotion to the Virgin Mary.
2. an adherent or defender of Mary, Queen of Scots.
3. a female given name, form of Mary.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.