Pronunciation: (mâr'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mary.html on line 113 [key]
1. Also called Virgin Mary. the mother of Jesus.
2. the sister of Lazarus and Martha. Luke 10:38–42; John 11:1,2.
3. See Mary, Queen of Scots.
4. (Princess Victoria Mary of Teck) 1867–1953, Queen of England 1910–36 (wife of George V).
5. Slang (often offensive). a male homosexual.
6. a female given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.