Pronunciation: (mul"tē-plī', mul"tī-), [key]
having or composed of several plies: a multi-ply fabric.
Pronunciation: (mul'tu-plī"), [key]
—v., -plied, -ply•ing.
1. to make many or manifold; increase the number, quantity, etc., of.
2. Arith.to find the product of by multiplication.
3. to breed (animals).
4. to propagate (plants).
5. to increase by procreation.
1. to grow in number, quantity, etc.; increase.
2. Arith.to perform the process of multiplication.
3. to increase in number by procreation or natural generation.
Pronunciation: (mul'tu-plē), [key]
in several or many ways; in a multiple manner; manifoldly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.