Pronunciation: (mis'tik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mystic.html on line 77 [key]
1. involving or characterized by esoteric, otherworldly, or symbolic practices or content, as certain religious ceremonies and art; spiritually significant; ethereal.
2. of the nature of or pertaining to mysteries known only to the initiated: mystic rites.
3. of occult character, power, or significance: a mystic formula.
4. of obscure or mysterious character or significance.
5. of or pertaining to mystics or mysticism.
1. a person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy.
2. a person initiated into religious mysteries.
Pronunciation: (mis'tik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mystic.html on line 118 [key]
a section of Groton, in SE Connecticut: maritime museum. 2333.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.