Pronunciation: (nes'ul), [key]
—v., -tled, -tling.
1. to lie close and snug, like a bird in a nest; snuggle or cuddle.
2. to lie or be located in a sheltered spot; be naturally or pleasantly situated: a cottage nestling in a pine grove.
a. to make or have a nest.
b. to make one's home; settle in a home.
1. to settle or ensconce snugly: He nestled himself into the hay for a short nap.
2. to put or press confidingly or affectionately: She nestled her head on his shoulder.
3. to provide with or settle in a nest, as a bird.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.