Pronunciation: (nō'hwâr", -wâr"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/nowhere.html on line 71 [key]
1. in or at no place; not anywhere: The missing pen was nowhere to be found.
2. to no place: We went nowhere last weekend.
3. nowhere near, not nearly: There's nowhere near enough food to go around.
1. the state of nonexistence or seeming nonexistence: A gang of thieves appeared from nowhere.
2. anonymity or obscurity: She came from nowhere to win the championship.
3. an unknown, remote, or nonexistent place or region.
4. miles from nowhere, in a remote, isolated, or inaccessible area.
1. being or leading nowhere; pointless; futile: to be stuck in a nowhere job.
2. worthless or useless: That's a nowhere idea if I ever heard one.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.