Pronunciation: (op'ti-kul), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or applying optics or the principles of optics.
2. constructed to assist sight or to correct defects in vision.
3. of or pertaining to sight or vision; visual.
4. of or pertaining to the eye.
5. of or pertaining to an optician or opticians or to their products, esp. eyeglasses: an optical service.
6. dealing with or skilled in optics.
opticals.See optical effects.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.