Pronunciation: (ôrb), [key]
1. a sphere or globe: a Christmas tree hung with brightly colored orbs.
2. the eyeball or eye: He looks with blind orbs on an indifferent world.
3. any of the heavenly bodies, as the sun or moon: He lay on the grass, warmed by that orb of day, the sun.
4. a globe bearing a cross; the mound or emblem of sovereignty, esp. as part of the regalia of England.
5. Astrol.the number of degrees from exactness within which an aspect operates.
6. a circle or something circular.
7. Astron.(formerly) the orbit of a heavenly body.
8. the earth.
1. to form into a circle or sphere.
2. Archaic.to encircle; enclose.
1. to move in an orbit.
2. to form into an orb or globe; round out.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.