Pronunciation: (ôr, ōr), [key]
1. a metal-bearing mineral or rock, or a native metal, that can be mined at a profit.
2. a mineral or natural product serving as a source of some nonmetallic substance, as sulfur.
Pronunciation: (œ'ru), [key]
1. a bronze coin of Norway, the 100th part of a krone.
2. a zinc or bronze coin of Denmark, the 100th part of a krone.
3. a bronze coin of Sweden, the 100th part of a krona.
4. a fractional currency of the Faeroe Islands, the 100th part of a krona. Also,ø•re(
ru) (for defs. 1, 2).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.