Pronunciation: (out'gō"), [key]
—n., pl. -goes,
—v., -went, -gone, -go•ing.
1. the act or process of going out: Her illness occasioned a tremendous outgo of affectionate concern.
2. money paid out; expenditure: a record of income and outgo.
3. something that goes out; outflow: The outgo of electrical energy had to be increased.
1. to go beyond; outdistance: to outgo the minimum rquirements.
2. to surpass, excel, or outdo: Each child was encouraged to outgo the others.
3. Archaic.to go faster than; excel in speed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.