—n., adj.out'rēch"), [key]
1. to reach beyond; exceed: The demand has outreached our supply.
2. Archaic.to reach out; extend.
to reach out.
1. an act or instance of reaching out.
2. length or extent of reach.
3. the act of extending services, benefits, etc., to a wider section of the population, as in community work.
concerned with extending community services, benefits, etc.: an educational outreach program.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.