Pronunciation: (ō'vur-āj'), [key]
1. beyond the acceptable or desired age: overage for the draft.
2. older than usual or expected for the activity, position, etc.: an overage baseball player who still outperforms many rookies.
3. too old to be serviceable; antiquated: She drives an overage car.
Pronunciation: (ō'vur-ij), [key]
1. an excess supply of merchandise.
2. the value of goods in excess of the amount called for by stock records; money in excess of the amount called for by sales records.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.