Pronunciation: (pel'mel'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/pell-mell.html on line 71 [key]
1. in disorderly, headlong haste; in a recklessly hurried manner.
2. in a confused or jumbled mass, crowd, manner, etc.: The crowd rushed pell-mell into the store when the doors opened.
1. indiscriminate; disorderly; confused: a pell-mell dash after someone.
2. overhasty or precipitate; rash: pell-mell spending.
1. a confused or jumbled mass, crowd, etc.
2. disorderly, headlong haste. Also,pell'mell'.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.