Pronunciation: (per"u-pu-tet'ik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/peripatetic.html on line 79 [key]
1. walking or traveling about; itinerant.
2. (cap.) of or pertaining to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens.
3. (cap.) of or pertaining to the Aristotelian school of philosophy.
1. a person who walks or travels about.
2. (cap.) a member of the Aristotelian school.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.