Pronunciation: (plod), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/plod.html on line 77 [key]
—v., plod•ded, plod•ding,
1. to walk heavily or move laboriously; trudge: to plod under the weight of a burden.
2. to proceed in a tediously slow manner: The play just plodded along in the second act.
3. to work with constant and monotonous perseverance; drudge.
to walk heavily over or along.
1. the act or a course of plodding.
2. a sound of a heavy tread.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.