Pronunciation: (poin'tid), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/pointed.html on line 75 [key]
1. having a point or points: a pointed arch.
2. sharp or piercing: pointed wit.
3. having direct effect, significance, or force: pointed criticism.
4. directed; aimed: a pointed gun.
5. directed particularly, as at a person: a pointed remark.
6. marked; emphasized.
7. Heraldry.(of a cross) having parallel sides with points formed by two inclined sides on each end: a cross pointed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.