Pronunciation: (pu-lit'i-kul), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with politics: political writers.
2. of, pertaining to, or connected with a political party: a political campaign.
3. exercising or seeking power in the governmental or public affairs of a state, municipality, etc.: a political machine; a political boss.
4. of, pertaining to, or involving the state or its government: a political offense.
5. having a definite policy or system of government: a political community.
6. of or pertaining to citizens: political rights.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.