Pronunciation: (pru-sesh'un), [key]
1. the act of moving along or proceeding in orderly succession or in a formal and ceremonious manner, as a line of people, animals, vehicles, etc.
2. the line or body of persons or things moving along in such a manner.
3. Eccles.an office, litany, etc., said or sung in a religious procession.
4. Theol.the emanation of the Holy Spirit from the Father and later, in the Western Church, from the Son: distinguished from the “generation” of the Son and the “unbegottenness” of the Father.
5. the act of coming forth from a source.
to go in procession.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.