Pronunciation: (pru-sesh'u-nl), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a procession.
2. of the nature of a procession; moving in an orderly or regular succession, sequence, or the like.
3. of a style, design, etc., customarily used in processions: processional regalia.
4. sung or played during a procession, as a hymn, march, etc.
1. a piece of music, as a hymn or slow march, suitable for accompanying a procession.
2. a book containing hymns, litanies, etc., for use in religious processions.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.