Pronunciation: (prō-klām', pru-), [key]
1. to announce or declare in an official or formal manner: to proclaim war.
2. to announce or declare in an open or ostentatious way: to proclaim one's opinions.
3. to indicate or make known publicly or openly.
4. to extol or praise publicly: Let them proclaim the Lord.
5. to declare (a territory, district, etc.) subject to particular legal restrictions.
6. to declare to be an outlaw, evildoer, or the like.
7. to denounce or prohibit publicly.
to make a proclamation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.