Pronunciation: (prod'i-jē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/prodigy.html on line 71 [key]
1. a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy.
2. a marvelous example (usually fol. by of).
3. something wonderful or marvelous; a wonder.
4. something abnormal or monstrous.
5. Archaic.something extraordinary regarded as of prophetic significance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.