Pronunciation: (rē-kap'chur), [key]
—v., -tured, -tur•ing,
1. to capture again; recover by capture; retake.
2. (of a government) to take by recapture.
3. to recollect or reexperience (something past).
1. the recovery or retaking by capture.
2. the taking by the government of a fixed part of all earnings in excess of a certain percentage of property value, as in the case of a railroad.
3. Internat. Law.the lawful reacquisition of a former possession.
4. the state or fact of being recaptured.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.