Pronunciation: (ri-zult'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/result.html on line 71 [key]
1. to spring, arise, or proceed as a consequence of actions, circumstances, premises, etc.; be the outcome.
2. to terminate or end in a specified manner or thing.
1. something that happens as a consequence; outcome.
2. Math.a quantity, expression, etc., obtained by calculation.
3. Often, results. a desirable or beneficial consequence, outcome, or effect: We had definite results within weeks.
4. get results, to obtain a notable or successful result or response; be effective.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.