—n.rē'wīnd"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/rewind.html on line 77 [key]
—v., -wound or (Rare) -wind•ed; -wind•ing,
1. to wind again.
2. to wind back to or toward the beginning; reverse.
1. an act or instance of rewinding.
2. a function of a tape recorder or tape deck that causes the tape to wind backward.
3. a push button or other control for reversing or reeling, as on a tape player.
4. a camera control or mechanism used to wind film back into a film cassette.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.