Pronunciation: (rap'su-dē), [key]
1. Music.an instrumental composition irregular in form and suggestive of improvisation.
2. an ecstatic expression of feeling or enthusiasm.
3. an epic poem, or a part of such a poem, as a book of the Iliad, suitable for recitation at one time.
4. a similar piece of modern literature.
5. an unusually intense or irregular poem or piece of prose.
6. Archaic.a miscellaneous collection; jumble.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.