Pronunciation: (ringk), [key]
1. a smooth expanse of ice for ice-skating, often artificially prepared and inside a building or arena.
2. a smooth floor, usually of wood, for roller-skating.
3. a building or enclosure for ice-skating or roller-skating; skating arena.
4. an area of ice marked off for the game of curling.
5. a section of a bowling green where a match can be played.
6. a set of players on one side in a lawn-bowling or curling match.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.