Pronunciation: (rins), [key]
—v., rinsed, rins•ing,
1. to wash lightly, as by pouring water into or over or by dipping in water: to rinse a cup.
2. to douse or drench in clean water as a final stage in washing.
3. to remove (soap, dirt, etc.) by such a process (often fol. by off).
4. to use a rinse on (the hair).
1. an act or instance of rinsing.
2. the water used for rinsing.
3. any preparation that may be used on the hair after washing, esp. to tint or condition the hair.
4. an act or instance of using such a preparation on the hair.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.