Pronunciation: (run'doun'), [key]
1. fatigued; weary; exhausted.
2. in a state of poor health: He was in a run-down condition from months of overwork.
3. in neglected condition; fallen into disrepair: a run-down house.
4. (of a spring-operated device) not running because it is unwound.
Pronunciation: (run'doun"), [key]
1. a quick review or summary of main points of information, usually oral: This brief rundown of past events will bring you up to date.
2. Baseball.a play in which a base runner is caught between bases by two or more players of the opposing team who toss the ball back and forth in an effort to tag the runner out.
3. Com.runoff (def. 4).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.