Pronunciation: (rus'it), [key]
1. yellowish brown, light brown, or reddish brown.
2. a coarse reddish-brown or brownish homespun cloth formerly used for clothing.
3. any of various apples that have a rough brownish skin and ripen in the autumn.
4. a brownish, roughened area on fruit, resulting from diseases, insects, or spraying.
5. finished leather that is not yet polished or colored.
1. yellowish-brown, light-brown, or reddish-brown.
2. made of russet.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.