Pronunciation: (skul), [key]
1. an oar mounted on a fulcrum at the stern of a small boat and moved from side to side to propel the boat forward.
2. either of a pair of oars rowed by one rower.
3. a boat propelled by an oar or oars.
4. a light, narrow racing boat for one, two, or sometimes four rowers, each equipped with a pair of oars.
5. sculls,a race involving such boats. Cf. double sculls, single sculls.
to propel or convey by means of a scull or sculls.
to propel a boat with a scull or sculls.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.