Pronunciation: (sik'lē), [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
—adv., v., -lied, -ly•ing.
1. not strong; unhealthy; ailing.
2. of, connected with, or arising from ill health: a sickly complexion.
3. marked by the prevalence of ill health, as a region: the epidemic left the town sickly.
4. causing sickness.
6. maudlin and insipid; mawkish: sickly sentimentality.
7. faint or feeble, as light or color.
in a sick or sickly manner.
to cover with a sickly hue.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.