Pronunciation: (slosh), [key]
1. to splash or move through water, mud, or slush.
2. (of a liquid) to move about actively within a container.
1. to stir or splash (something) around in a fluid: to slosh the mop in the pail.
2. to splash (liquid) clumsily or haphazardly: She sloshed tea all over her new suit. They sloshed the paint over the wall.
1. watery mire or partly melted snow; slush.
2. the lap or splash of liquid: the slosh of waves against the shore.
3. a small quantity of liquid: a slosh of milk in the pail.
4. a watery or weak drink.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.