Pronunciation: (sum'tīm"), [key]
1. at some indefinite or indeterminate point of time: He will arrive sometime next week.
2. at an indefinite future time: Come to see me sometime.
3. Archaic.sometimes; on some occasions.
4. Archaic.at one time; formerly.
1. having been formerly; former: The diplomat was a sometime professor of history at Oxford.
2. being so only at times or to some extent: Traveling so much, he could never be more than a sometime husband.
3. that cannot be depended upon regarding affections or loyalties: He was well rid of his sometime girlfriend.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.