Pronunciation: (south"west'; Naut.sou"west'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/southwest.html on line 75 [key]
1. the point or direction midway between south and west. Abbr.: SW
2. a region in this direction.
3. the Southwest,the southwest region of the United States.
1. lying toward, situated in, or directed toward the southwest.
2. coming from the southwest, as a wind.
in the direction midway between south and west.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.