Pronunciation: (spek'yu-lā"tiv, -lu-tiv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/speculative.html on line 79 [key]
1. pertaining to, of the nature of, or characterized by speculation, contemplation, conjecture, or abstract reasoning: a speculative approach.
2. theoretical, rather than practical: speculative conclusions.
3. given to speculation, as persons, the mind, etc.
4. of the nature of or involving commercial or financial speculation: speculative ventures.
5. engaging in or given to such speculation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.