Pronunciation: (sānt" jon'; for 1 also sin'jun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/st-john.html on line 101 [key]
1. Henry, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke. See Bolingbroke, 1st Viscount.
2. an island of the Virgin Islands of the United States, in the E West Indies. 2300; ab. 20 sq. mi. (52 sq. km).
3. Lake, a lake in SE Canada, in Quebec province, draining into the Saguenay River. 365 sq. mi. (945 sq. km).
4. a river in the NE United States and SE Canada, flowing NE and E from Maine to New Brunswick province and then S to the Bay of Fundy. 450 mi. (725 km) long.
5. a seaport in S New Brunswick, in SE Canada, on the Bay of Fundy, at the mouth of the St. John River. 80,521.
6. See St. John's.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.