Pronunciation: (sting'ur), [key]
1. a person or thing that stings.
2. an animal or plant having a stinging organ.
3. the sting or stinging organ of an insect or other animal.
4. Informal.a stinging blow, remark, or the like.
5. a cocktail made of brandy and crème de menthe.
6. (cap.) Mil.a U.S. Army shoulder-launched, heat-seeking antiaircraft missile, with a range of 3 miles (5 km).
7. Brit. Informal.a highball of whiskey and soda.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.