Pronunciation: (stōn'wôl"), [key]
1. to engage in stonewalling.
2. Brit.filibuster (def. 3).
3. Cricket.(of a batsman) to play a defensive game, as by persistently blocking the ball instead of batting it for distance and runs.
1. Informal.to block, stall, or resist intentionally: lobbying efforts to stonewall passage of the legislation.
2. Brit.to obstruct (the passage of a legislative bill) in Parliament, esp. by excessive or prolonged debate.
pertaining to or characteristic of stonewalling: a new round of stonewall tactics.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.