Pronunciation: (strānj), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/strange.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., strang•er, strang•est,
1. unusual, extraordinary, or curious; odd; queer: a strange remark to make.
2. estranged, alienated, etc., as a result of being out of one's natural environment: In Bombay I felt strange.
3. situated, belonging, or coming from outside of one's own locality; foreign: to move to a strange place; strange religions.
4. outside of one's previous experience; hitherto unknown; unfamiliar: strange faces; strange customs.
5. unaccustomed to or inexperienced in; unacquainted (usually fol. by to): I'm strange to this part of the job.
6. distant or reserved; shy.
in a strange manner.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.