Pronunciation: (stuf'ē), [key]
—adj., stuff•i•er, stuff•i•est.
1. close; poorly ventilated: a stuffy room.
2. oppressive from lack of freshness: stuffy air; a stuffy odor.
3. lacking in interest, as writing or discourse.
4. affected with a sensation of obstruction in the respiratory passages: a stuffy nose.
5. dull or tedious; boring.
6. self-important; pompous.
7. rigid or strait-laced in attitudes, esp. in matters of personal behavior.
8. old-fashioned; conservative.
9. ill-tempered; sulky.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.