Pronunciation: (sum'un), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/summon.html on line 77 [key]
1. to call upon to do something specified.
2. to call for the presence of, as by command, message, or signal; call.
3. to call or notify to appear at a specified place, esp. before a court: to summon a defendant.
4. to authorize or order a gathering of; call together by authority, as for deliberation or action: to summon parliament.
5. to call into action; rouse; call forth (often. fol. by up): to summon all one's courage.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.