Pronunciation: (swing'ing), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/swinging.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., superl. -ing•est,
1. characterized by or capable of swinging, being swung, or causing to swing.
2. intended for swinging upon, by, from, or in: the swinging devices in a playground.
3. Slang.excellent; first-rate.
4. Slang.lively, active, and modern; hip.
a. free and uninhibited sexually: a swinging bachelor.
b. exchanging spouses for sex: swinging married couples.
1. the activity or act of a person who swings.
a. the act or practice of being free and uninhibited sexually.
b. the exchanging of spouses for sex.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.